+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
AdUnit Name: [Header]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250],[970,250]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumHeaderGeneric],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

AdUnit Name: [ForumThreadViewRightGutter]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[300,250],[300,600]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumThreadViewRightGutter],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration
AdUnit Name: [AboveMainContent]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[970,250],[300,250]]

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
1. If you passed the osce and passed nclex rn, then you are already a RN.
They are requiring you to tale the osce since your education is not equivalent to ON nursing program. Osce is one time chance given to RN Applicants with experience to prove that they are competent And that they meet the gaps identified.
2. No

canada11 said:
JUl 15 > Got NNAs report
Jul 17 > Applied to CNO for RN & RPN
JUl 25 > Jurisprudence exam invitation by email from CNO
Aug 03> Got CNO reply by snail mail stating (20 weeks is reported in website)

1. For RN, Competency Assessment form says that "this applicant is not equal to current graduate ON baccalaureate nursing program" so I have to give OSCE exam.
2.For RPN, they require Detailed Job description from my employer. Plus three more forms one to be filled from Nursing registration body & other from employer to be sent directly by them. Infact its a re-work which we did for NNAS earlier.

Now my question is ......

1.I have three years diploma in nursing if I goes for OSCE exam and clears it then after passing RN-NCLEX I would be registered as RN or not as it says "this applicant is not equal to current graduate ON baccalaureate nursing program"

2. My work experience is that of OT RN . Will it impact the RPN application ?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Thank you kreystiyanpol...

Regarding, point 2 ,of mine earlier post, after reading CNO letter again carefully , It has been found that for RPN :

1. I need to provide JDs of employers who were reported to NNAS earlier, again.
2. NNAS just required last 5 years employment history and I did that so , but CNO wants employment history 'since graduation from your nursing program' . For that Extra two form are there for this type of employers

Only after that , they will do the assessment of my education as they write "The nursing practice information(employment history), if provided, will be included in the assessment of your education.

Probably that's why I have not been asked to take CPNRE exam for RPN, and instead been asked to send Job & license forms directly from respective institutions along with Job Description. It seems that they yet to assess my education on the basis of Nursing Practice.

Lesson learned :

a. Provide all your previous job history & not just limit yourself to last 5 years to NNAS
b. Keep the detailed JDs , ideally on the employer letterhead ready.

Surprisingly, for RN , there was no such requirement and I am advised to take OSCE.

I wish other forum members may also share their experiences .

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
if your employer did not include job description together with the forms in NNAS, then CNO will mostl likely require you to have one. Regarding the license verification form and employment form, as far as i understand, they sent you those forms just in case, you have any other nursing experiences acquired during NNAS process or before NNAS process that were not declared with you NNAS Applications. Now if you dont have any other experience, i believed it was written in The letter that you need to write the college that you dont hVe any additional nursingh experience.

canada11 said:
Thank you kreystiyanpol...

Regarding, point 2 ,of mine earlier post, after reading CNO letter again carefully , It has been found that for RPN :

1. I need to provide JDs of employers who were reported to NNAS earlier, again.
2. NNAS just required last 5 years employment history and I did that so , but CNO wants employment history 'since graduation from your nursing program' . For that Extra two form are there for this type of employers

Only after that , they will do the assessment of my education as they write "The nursing practice information(employment history), if provided, will be included in the assessment of your education.

Probably that's why I have not been asked to take CPNRE exam for RPN, and instead been asked to send Job & license forms directly from respective institutions along with Job Description. It seems that they yet to assess my education on the basis of Nursing Practice.

Lesson learned :

a. Provide all your previous job history & not just limit yourself to last 5 years to NNAS
b. Keep the detailed JDs , ideally on the employer letterhead ready.

Surprisingly, for RN , there was no such requirement and I am advised to take OSCE.

I wish other forum members may also share their experiences .

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
As far as I can remember , NNAS didn't ask for detail JD. The form was given which was filled up by employer

Your understanding is correct regarding license verification & employment form , as NNAS require only for last 5 years so I gave for last 5 years, although my experiences is 10+ years. And yes they are asking for first 5 years.

You are right .there is an option for YES or NO for missing experience since graduation .. In my case, answer is YES and there are missing information. :(

kreystiyanpoll said:
if your employer did not include job description together with the forms in NNAS, then CNO will mostl likely require you to have one. Regarding the license verification form and employment form, as far as i understand, they sent you those forms just in case, you have any other nursing experiences acquired during NNAS process or before NNAS process that were not declared with you NNAS Applications. Now if you dont have any other experience, i believed it was written in The letter that you need to write the college that you dont hVe any additional nursingh experience.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Any ideas & clues for OSCE preparation ?

AdUnit Name: [ThreadView]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/forum_in_thread],

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Yes you are right that it is not mandatory for nnas to have the job description. Because not all regulatory bodies are requiring it. CNO requires you to submit a detailed job description, because they are assessing your competencies if you meet the entry to practice competencies of ontarion RPN. That is why also they are asking you any more nursing experience u have aside from what was declared to nnas because they want to review all your nursing experiences because it has a great impact in your application.

canada11 said:
As far as I can remember , NNAS didn't ask for detail JD. The form was given which was filled up by employer

Your understanding is correct regarding license verification & employment form , as NNAS require only for last 5 years so I gave for last 5 years, although my experiences is 10+ years. And yes they are asking for first 5 years.

You are right .there is an option for YES or NO for missing experience since graduation .. In my case, answer is YES and there are missing information. :(

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Oh nice to know... What resources you have found so far for preparation.

kreystiyanpoll said:
I am also preparing for osce this feb

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
ASAP......the touchstone gives me date

uote author=kreystiyanpoll link=topic=256901.msg5429945#msg5429945 date=1472924024]
I havent started preparing yet. When are u going to take osce?

[/quote]

Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
When exactly? Coz as far as i know, november, january, and february.

canada11 said:
ASAP......the touchstone gives me date

uote author=kreystiyanpoll link=topic=256901.msg5429945#msg5429945 date=1472924024]
I havent started preparing yet. When are u going to take osce?

God knows

May 3, 2016
Hi guys
I need your help
I applied to CNO for RPN evaluation. Everything is on track but My evidence of nursing practice is going to expire in December 2016.Could anyone can suggest me How I can extend my evidence of nursing practice . I am working as a volunteer in City hospital that can work?
Please help me in this.
Thanks

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Its only yesterday that I have sent the OPTION FORM to CNO for OSCE... Let them reply & see what date they give because as far as I know they give some dates & we need to select one from them

kreystiyanpoll said:
When exactly? Coz as far as i know, november, january, and february.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Oh i see. It's already fully booked till february.

canada11 said:
Its only yesterday that I have sent the OPTION FORM to CNO for OSCE... Let them reply & see what date they give because as far as I know they give some dates & we need to select one from them

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Hi canada11

when i did my application to CNO for RN it was before NNAS came in and i was asked to do OSCE which i did and then i was told that i needed to achieve some competences, which mean back to redo some studies to prove i have covered what they required to complete their assessment because they were not able to cover all the areas they want to assess on their own. Now that they have NNAS doing the most part i am not sure what the outcome will be, hopefully if there is someone who has gone through the whole RN process with NNAS and CNO could share there experience then that would help the rest of us needing some answers.

The RPN process is separate to the RN they assessed separately as you also have to pay for each independently and they are separate registration and license.

canada11 said:
JUl 15 > Got NNAs report
Jul 17 > Applied to CNO for RN & RPN
JUl 25 > Jurisprudence exam invitation by email from CNO
Aug 03> Got CNO reply by snail mail stating (20 weeks is reported in website)

1. For RN, Competency Assessment form says that "this applicant is not equal to current graduate ON baccalaureate nursing program" so I have to give OSCE exam.
2.For RPN, they require Detailed Job description from my employer. Plus three more forms one to be filled from Nursing registration body & other from employer to be sent directly by them. Infact its a re-work which we did for NNAS earlier.

Now my question is ......

1.I have three years diploma in nursing if I goes for OSCE exam and clears it then after passing RN-NCLEX I would be registered as RN or not as it says "this applicant is not equal to current graduate ON baccalaureate nursing program"

2. My work experience is that of OT RN . Will it impact the RPN application ?

AdUnit Name: [BelowMainContent]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]
AdUnit Name: [Footer]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]