+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
AdUnit Name: [Header]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250],[970,250]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumHeaderGeneric],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

AdUnit Name: [ForumThreadViewRightGutter]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[300,250],[300,600]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumThreadViewRightGutter],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration
AdUnit Name: [AboveMainContent]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[970,250],[300,250]]

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
All the review materials for jurisprudence are in the CNO website. It as open book exam.

canada11 said:
Wonderfull..Yes my CNO link is not active as of now.. Please keep posting your experience. Can you share your Jurisprudence exam preparation ?

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
NoobSaibot said:
Hello!

I passed the NCLEX-RN way back in 2008, but was unable to get a license since I didn't have a Social Security number at the time. (It was a requirement for those who registered in the State of California)

I was, however, able to register my NCLEX-RN test result to get a Visa Screen with CGFNS before my application for a license expired. Unfortunately, my Visa Screen Certificate has already expired as well.

Will the College of Registered Nurses in Canada still honor my NCLEX-RN even if I don't have a license? Rather, I'm not (officially) a Registered Nurse in the US?

I'm just worried if they will still ask me to take it again :(
I believe so. They still accepted my license even its inactive....(state: vermont).

oladelemary

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Has anyone applied to the college of LPN of Nova Scotia through NNAS OR college of registered psychiatric nurses of Manitoba?

If yes, what's the process like?

buknit

Oct 15, 2014
Hello everyone! What are my chances in getting nnas report? I am planning to endorse my nclex to canada. I am an NCLEX Passer with IELTS L-8 R-7 W-7 S-7 OBS-7.5

Is there any possibility that I have to take the exam again?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
buknit said:
Hello everyone! What are my chances in getting nnas report? I am planning to endorse my nclex to canada. I am an NCLEX Passer with IELTS L-8 R-7 W-7 S-7 OBS-7.5

Is there any possibility that I have to take the exam again?
U dont need to take the test again, register to nnas

AdUnit Name: [ThreadView]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/forum_in_thread],

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Make sure to do this online exam when applying to CNO for registration. IT IS AN OPEN BOOK

Jurisprudence Examination

The College’s jurisprudence examination assesses an applicant’s knowledge and understanding of the laws, regulations, by-laws, practice standards and guidelines that govern the nursing profession in Ontario.

All applicants wishing to register in the General, Temporary, or Special Assignment classes must successfully pass the Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse Jurisprudence Examination.

Applicants wishing to register as Nurse Practitioners must pass the Registered Nurse (Extended Class) Jurisprudence Examination.

The Jurisprudence Examination is not part of annual renewal, and current members will not be required to take the exam unless they are applying to change their category or class.

The examination is completed online through a secure website that can only be accessed by applicants to the College. Examination results are valid for five years.
CONTENT

The jurisprudence examination assesses the applicant’s knowledge and understanding of the nursing profession in Ontario in terms of:

Nursing regulation
Scope of practice
Professional responsibility and accountability
Ethical practice
The nurse-client relationship
Laws, regulations, and standards of practice unique to NP practice in Ontario are also assessed in the RN(EC) Jurisprudence Examination.

TYPES OF QUESTIONS

Both the RN/RPN Jurisprudence Examination and RN(EC) Jurisprudence Examination consist of multiple-choice questions designed to assess an applicant’s competencies at three different levels of cognitive ability:

Knowledge and comprehension (the ability to recall and understand relevant content)
Application (the ability to apply knowledge and comprehension in a straightforward situation)
Critical thinking (the ability to apply knowledge and comprehension in complex situations through analytical problem solving)
The College has developed a sample of the types of questions you can expect to see on the jurisprudence examination.

TAKING THE TEST

The jurisprudence examinations are completed online and accessed by the applicant through a secure website. Once applicants have submitted their application form and fee, they will receive information about how to access the website.

The RN/RPN Jurisprudence Examination consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. Applicants will have 3 hours and 15 minutes to write the examination.

The RN(EC) Jurisprudence Examination consists of 175 multiple-choice questions. Applicants will have 3 hours and 45 minutes to write the examination.

The jurisprudence examinations are “open-book” exams, which means that applicants can access and use paper, electronic, or online resources (e.g., laws, regulations, the College’s practice standards) while writing the examination. However, since there is a time limit and a wide range of material covered, it is strongly recommended that applicants do a thorough review of the recommended study material before taking the examination.

The examination is intended to be written by individuals working on their own. It cannot be written together with other applicants.

EXAMINATION FEE

There is a fee of $40 (CDN), plus applicable taxes, to write the jurisprudence examination. Applicants can pay the fee through the examination website. Applicants can write the examination as many times as they need to in order to pass; however, a $40 fee applies to each attempt to take the exam.

As soon as the applicant pays the fee, the jurisprudence examination will begin. Applicants do not have the option of paying the fee and then writing the examination at a later time.

HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR EXAM

Jurisprudence Examination: Competencies
Jurisprudence Examination: Study Resources

National Competencies in the Context of Entry-Level Registered Nurse Practice
Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Ontario RPNs

WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON CNO website.

trinity8

Jul 19, 2016
Neji said:
Hi, nurses from all over the world! Thank you for all the infos you are sharing with us thru this forum.

There is a great demand for nurses here in Canada but the whole system of becoming registered here is such a pain in the @ **! One look and you'd know there's something wrong with the system!

Anyways, would just like to share with you, guys, my personal NNAS timeline:

June 5: officially filed my application, RN - Saskatchewan (have created my NNAS profile on March, but only made the actual payment on June 5th)

June 19: sent identity docs to NNAS; requested California BON to send my NCLEX-RN test result to NNAS and to fill up Section A of the Registration Form (this was under my own initiative); sent Verification of registration request to the states where I was/am registered (Texas and Colorado); sent all the other forms (Education, Registration, and Employment) to my legal representative in the Philippines.

June 29: Docs from Colorado received by NNAS, status: Waiting for authentication

July 7: identity docs received by NNAS

-- ... became so busy, was not able to check for any updates --

Aug 28: All docs received by NNAS

Sept 11: All docs "Ready for Evaluation"

Sept 28: Added Manitoba as additonal province $55 USD

Oct 1: Added LPN/RPN in SK as additional nursing group $220 USD, and added Manitoba as additional province $55 USD

Even if there ain't instruction to take an English proficiency exam yet, I have registered to write CELBAN on January 2016 before I run out of slots.

I will give you an update once I have received my advisory report.

We can do this, guys! Let's hope that the next Prime Minister (just in case Harper won't win) can make improvements on Express Entry, PNP, and IEN applications!

Hi Neji! I just wanna ask for help regarding verification of NCLEX license...

Passed NCLEX-RN California but wasn't able to register because i have no SSN. What i did was I endorsed it to Texas BON.
Now, I need to verify it to Texas BON and I have my forms from NNAS. Please help me on what to do such as procedures and payment instructions in license verification? thank you so much!

-trinity8

Noor45

Jul 19, 2016
Hi frnds i am new member here. I need ur help. I completed my nsg from back home india . And i need to get register in canada. Now i am living in regina sasketchwean . Can anyone tell me what is the first step i need to do ????
Thank you
Regards

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Register with NNAS. Download the NNAS applicant handbook, the steps are well discussed there.

Noor45 said:
Hi frnds i am new member here. I need ur help. I completed my nsg from back home india . And i need to get register in canada. Now i am living in regina sasketchwean . Can anyone tell me what is the first step i need to do ????
Thank you
Regards

Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']

Noor45

Jul 19, 2016
kreystiyanpoll said:
Register with NNAS. Download the NNAS applicant handbook, the steps are well discussed there.
Before creating account on NNAS should i need to clear ielts or i can do it later also ?? And ielts is better or celbean ??

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
If i were you, create NNAS account first and complete all the requirements first, and once your almost done in completing your documents, then that is the perfect time to have your english language proficiency test.
In my own point of view, CELBAN is easier than IELTS, but then if you plan to go to university later on, ielts is what most universities are requiring.

Noor45 said:
Before creating account on NNAS should i need to clear ielts or i can do it later also ?? And ielts is better or celbean ??

buknit

Oct 15, 2014
hello guys, what could be the possible nnas result for a filipino nclex passer nurse with valid ielts? would it still be somewhat comparable? is there any possibility that you need to undergo a refresher course even if your a nclex passer already? i just need feedback before i shell out my money for this whole application process.. thanks!

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I dont think there is a bearing if you are NCLEX passer or not. They based their assessment on the education you received, on the nursing curriculum you had.

buknit said:
hello guys, what could be the possible nnas result for a filipino nclex passer nurse with valid ielts? would it still be somewhat comparable? is there any possibility that you need to undergo a refresher course even if your a nclex passer already? i just need feedback before i shell out my money for this whole application process.. thanks!

trinity8

Jul 19, 2016
Hi everyone! Patulong naman po regarding NNAS requirement for license verification....

My case is, NCLEX-RN exam ko ay California, walang SSN kaya pina endorsed ko sa Texas at dun ako regisered. now, i have my forms for license verification to be sent to Texas BON... Question,

-paano magpa verify sa Texas.
Do i need to include Texas verification form that can be found sa website nila?
How much po ang processing fee?

Please help me.. Thank you very much!

AdUnit Name: [BelowMainContent]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]
AdUnit Name: [Footer]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]