+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
AdUnit Name: [Header]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250],[970,250]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumHeaderGeneric],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

AdUnit Name: [ForumThreadViewRightGutter]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[300,250],[300,600]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumThreadViewRightGutter],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration
AdUnit Name: [AboveMainContent]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[970,250],[300,250]]

quebecRN

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
IELTS - received message

I applied for New Brunswick (NANB) RN. i completed all my verification forms of my education & employment to NNAS. I did not sent any Language certificate (IELTS) to NNAS. But my 'passing Language score' column shows "Documents have been received for this particular requirement and were forwarded for a preliminary review to see if these documents meet the needs of the NNAS ". What does it means ?? Is it 'waived' ? I already passed NCLEX RN. Please reply.

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
RN_0001 said:
Where did you complete your nursing education?
Mine took 5 months or so, and I was educated in the USA.
All my studies were completed in the Caribbean. My RN and midwifery training I received in my home country and my BSc and MSc at the UWI.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
orichy said:
All my studies were completed in the Caribbean. My RN and midwifery training I received in my home country and my BSc and MSc at the UWI.
Okay. I hate to say it but unfortunately there haven't been any applicants who were educated in the Caribbean who received a "comparable" NNAS Advisory Report.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
That is true however my sister got non comparable from the caribbean and still didnt do OSCE or IENCAP and she got her license...so its a case by case basis....so hope is always there....just have to brace for anything.....what ive realized is you can be told to do anything to meet the requirements of things here....

AdUnit Name: [ThreadView]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/forum_in_thread],

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
RN_0001 said:
Okay. I hate to say it but unfortunately there haven't been any applicants who were educated in the Caribbean who received a "comparable" NNAS Advisory Report.
That's true, at least from what I have seen in this forum. There's always a first though :D. Only one person in this forum from the Caribbean got a somewhat comparable but fortunately at least some who received a noncomparable were able to still receive temporary licensure, which is what I am really hoping for.
So can only wait and see....

Are you Caribbean educated also?

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Legentellison said:
That is true however my sister got non comparable from the caribbean and still didnt do OSCE or IENCAP and she got her license...so its a case by case basis....so hope is always there....just have to brace for anything.....what ive realized is you can be told to do anything to meet the requirements of things here....
That's so true, a non comparable report does not mean all hope is lost, just depends on the angle we look at it.
I really won't want to do a bridging program though, so an experience like your sister is more than welcomed.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Yeah im caribbean educated...uwi...worked at uhwi acter graduation then cornwall regional ICU speciality...i got a non comparable...did the jurisdiction exam too so just waiting in the verdict

cf2017

Apr 16, 2017
Re: IELTS - received message

quebecRN said:
I applied for New Brunswick (NANB) RN. i completed all my verification forms of my education & employment to NNAS. I did not sent any Language certificate (IELTS) to NNAS. But my 'passing Language score' column shows "Documents have been received for this particular requirement and were forwarded for a preliminary review to see if these documents meet the needs of the NNAS ". What does it means ?? Is it 'waived' ? I already passed NCLEX RN. Please reply.

Got the same situation, though I have not undergone NCLEX yet. Hoping it will be waived because I already sent them some proof that I have been working for more than 3 years here in Canada

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
orichy said:
That's true, at least from what I have seen in this forum. There's always a first though :D. Only one person in this forum from the Caribbean got a somewhat comparable but fortunately at least some who received a noncomparable were able to still receive temporary licensure, which is what I am really hoping for.
So can only wait and see....

Are you Caribbean educated also?
No, I'm US educated. I got "non-comparable" and had to do the OSCE last month.
Where did those who got "non-comparable" receive a temporary license? British Columbia? Do you know whether they received their temporary license prior to 2014?

Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Legentellison said:
Wow that's amazing. Congrats to your sister! That's great news.
When did she get her license? Was it before 2014? And in which province?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Legentellison said:
It was this year...she got it last month in ontario here...how was the OSCE exam
Wow! Never heard of that before, That's great, gives us all hope! So if she attended UWI then maybe there is hope for others who did as well. It will be interesting to monitor if those with the same education as your sister are asked to do the OSCE or not. Actually, we should make sure we monitor that. Licensing bodies need to be held accountable for their decisions.

OSCE was okay. I feel it was a fair exam in terms of it's content. It's just that it was expensive, took a long time to get a date to do it, and it was very stressful. Stressful that I even had to do it, stressful preparing for it, and stressful doing it because it is very rushed. They fed us nothing but a bottle of water and one slime sandwich which no one could eat for the whole day (we had to arrive around 7) so it was hard to complete the afternoon portion feeling like we had no blood sugar.

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
RN_0001 said:
No, I'm US educated. I got "non-comparable" and had to do the OSCE last month.
Where did those who got "non-comparable" receive a temporary license? British Columbia? Do you know whether they received their temporary license prior to 2014?
Apart from what Legentellison shared about his sister, I only two of two other cases. One was in Alberta and one in Ontario and they were both in 2015 ending.

AdUnit Name: [BelowMainContent]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]
AdUnit Name: [Footer]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]