+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
AdUnit Name: [Header]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250],[970,250]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumHeaderGeneric],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Family Class Sponsorship

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

AdUnit Name: [ForumThreadViewRightGutter]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[300,250],[300,600]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumThreadViewRightGutter],
AdUnit Name: [AboveMainContent]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[970,250],[300,250]]

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
I was wondering if someone with knowledge or first hand experience in any of the points mentioned below, can guide me:
#1-if a canadian citizen marries in pakistan, should the citizen apply for spouse visa from islamabad (right after marriage) or return back to Canada and apply from Canada? Is that Inland application?
#2-Previously, 4-5 years back, i recall that it was not possible for a Pakistani (or any) spouse to get TRV-Visitor visa, if spouse visa has already been applied. Is that still the case? Or are they giving it easily now?
#3-I've heard read here, that applicants are applying for Open Work Permit for their spouses once they get AOR. But does the education/profession of spouse (being sponsored) matters? Like if someone is teacher in pakistan - they are not going to be able to get a job in teaching. But perhaps some other job. Does that matter in applying for Open Work Permit? And are OWP being given in 4-5 months?
#4-Lastly, is it correct to assume that its taking almost 2 years (in most cases) to bring a Pakistani spouse to Canada on Spouse Visa?
#1: You should apply for spousal sponsorship right after marriage if you can, because the processing time nowadays can take up to 2 years, 1 year if you're lucky. You never know when another war or something happens to slow down processing times again, so do not delay, get that application completed now and submit ASAP. Remember completing the application is also a lengthy process and you have to be careful not to make mistakes to prevent further delays in your app processing time.

Even if you apply for spousal sponsorship while you are in Pakistan, it will still be considered OUTLAND, NOT INLAND (DO NOT MAKE MISTAKE OF SELECTING INLAND WHEN IT DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AS IT WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR APP PROCESSING TIME). Make sure you are clear on the definitions of all sponsorship terms. Inland applications are for when the Principal Applicant (your spouse whom you are sponsoring) resides with you in Canada.

#2: Don't know about this one, you will have to research that yourself. But what's more important is that you get the spousal sponsorship application started right away. Also, you have to keep in mind that if your spouse somehow gets accepted into Canada on a visitor visa or OWP, that could affect your spousal sponsorship application as then your app will no longer be an outland application and that complication can slow the processing down.

#3: Same answer as 2

#4: Hope for 1 year, expect up to 2 years.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
1. I preferred coming back to Canada and then apply. Applying from Pakistan would have made me “not residing in canada” and i thought that might complicate things. Thats why I preferred coming back.
If you are a citizen, you can still start and submit the sponsorship application while you are in Pakistan. It does not slow anything down or complicate anything, actually it is better because your application will just start getting processed sooner. And it will still be considered an outland application regardless of whether you are staying in Pakistan or Canada. As long as Principal Applicant (spouse whom you are sponsoring) resides in Pakistan and hasn't come to Canada to be with you yet, it is an outland application.

Last edited:
Reactions: ug1721

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Hey to all
Any one knows how much time LVO take to ask for Passport Request

I have applied in july 2021
Biometric done in dec 2021
Medical done in jan 2022
After that it’s totally silent
Today 22-10–2022
My file is transferred to london vissa office
My medical will expire in January .

Do anyone know about next procedure .?
Did you order GCMS notes to see what they have completed with your application? I would order those. Also, you could submit a webform to London Visa Office but honestly I don't think they will reply with anything other than a generic copy paste answer telling you to wait more. But you could try.

InfoSeeker12

Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello,

1. You can apply for a TRV and Spousal sponsorship as that is considered dual intent and is allowed
2. It is still very difficult to get approval for TRV when applying for spousal sponsorship even though it is allowed- I would say 80-90% are rejected because they do not believe your spouse would go back at the end of the visa. (Had this happen to my wife)
3. I'm not sure about this one.
4. It really depends I'd say but looking at this forum and amongst other web research as well as some family and friends. it can definitely take that long. We are still waiting and applied Jan 4th 2022. Only Medical and Biometrics done- waiting on everything else.
Firstly thank you for responding back.
My marriage is in December in Pakistan. I'll fly there, but my mom will not be able to travel due to health conditions and she has an important surgery due by March or April. I was really hoping if there was a way that atleast my wife would be able to meet my mom before her surgery. I heard that TRV are next to impossible.
Just a thought - does it makes sense to apply for spousal visa and also Student visa - 2 yrs diploma program. Im ok to spend money, but atleast she will be able to be with the family during this critical stage.

InfoSeeker12

Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
#1: You should apply for spousal sponsorship right after marriage if you can, because the processing time nowadays can take up to 2 years, 1 year if you're lucky. You never know when another war or something happens to slow down processing times again, so do not delay, get that application completed now and submit ASAP. Remember completing the application is also a lengthy process and you have to be careful not to make mistakes to prevent further delays in your app processing time.

Even if you apply for spousal sponsorship while you are in Pakistan, it will still be considered OUTLAND, NOT INLAND (DO NOT MAKE MISTAKE OF SELECTING INLAND WHEN IT DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AS IT WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR APP PROCESSING TIME). Make sure you are clear on the definitions of all sponsorship terms. Inland applications are for when the Principal Applicant (your spouse whom you are sponsoring) resides with you in Canada.

#2: Don't know about this one, you will have to research that yourself. But what's more important is that you get the spousal sponsorship application started right away. Also, you have to keep in mind that if your spouse somehow gets accepted into Canada on a visitor visa or OWP, that could affect your spousal sponsorship application as then your app will no longer be an outland application and that complication can slow the processing down.

#3: Same answer as 2

#4: Hope for 1 year, expect up to 2 years.
Really grateful for your detailed response and explaining the nuances of applying asap after marriage.

Actually, I'm planning to marry this December inshAllah in Pakistan. Due to health reasons, my parents wont be able to fly and attend the ceremony. My mom has a surgery early next year. And I was hoping if there is a way to bring my wife here and meet my mom. Thats why I was searching for TRV option - but i know its always impossible for us.
But.... is student visa a possibility? Have you read / heard an applicant on spouse visa going to canada on student visa? Any thoughts?

AdUnit Name: [ThreadView]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/forum_in_thread],

monster999

Sep 18, 2022
What is going on with London Visa Office and processing applications from Pakistan? According to the spreadsheet, most of the Pakistanis who applied in December/November/October/September/August of last year STILL haven't updated that they've received their COPR/passport request. Is this just because people forgot to update it?

If that's the case, it would be very kind if people could actually update the spreadsheet with when they get any result back. You can find the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/htmlview#gid=2037240319

The whole purpose of this forum is to help others with the uncertainty of this whole application process. Maybe we just don't have a very kind and open group of sponsorship applicants from Pakistan this year? In past years it seems people were more supportive.

But what's more strange is that if you look at people who applied in 2021, like people who applied in March of 2021, a bunch of people were getting the whole process done in 6-9 months. In 2021, most Pakistani applicants did not wait for more than 3 months after medical for the passport request.

So assuming that the spreadsheet is updated, what's the hold up? It makes zero sense that because of the pandemic, they're slower this year. London Visa Office was faster last year during the pandemic with sponsorship applications! So why are they slower this year?! Makes no sense.

I don't want to join any Whatsapp group. But if there's some other spreadsheet where everyone is uploading their info that I'm not aware of, may someone please share it?

My guess is that this slowing down is because of the whole Imran Khan getting kicked out fiasco. Change in government. Another classic example of American imperialism, making life harder for the developing world who doesn't matter.

Maybe due to these rough political events, we've moved down in importance to the Canadian government. Plus we're not white Ukranians--Never mind the new corrupt Pakistani government destroying people's livelihoods and that there's been a flood of biblical proportions that's ravaged half of Pakistan. I guess this is just not one of the lucky years to have applied for sponsorship. The election of Trudeau was supposed to also ensure that family reunification was kept at the forefront, but this year is proving that was just to get his initial approval ratings and now he doesn't seem to care.

I'm going to remember this, liberal government. Seriously. You don't have my vote next time if my spouse is not here in less than one year.
Bro Can we not complain somehow, maybe a petition or a protest outside IRCC office that why pakistanis have to take the brunt of this war? as IK once said, are we the children of a lesser GOD?

Waseem2k24

Sep 6, 2022
Hi , so i logged in the ecas and there my application status changed from , in progress to decision made . But no update on gckey or tracker . Anyone knows what’s happening, i mean is the ppr near or something. London vo

Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']

InfoSeeker12

Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Bro Can we not complain somehow, maybe a petition or a protest outside IRCC office that why pakistanis have to take the brunt of this war? as IK once said, are we the children of a lesser GOD?
Protesting - these days makes difference if its done massively - and in different locations geographically. Then it shows that its a concern that not just few, but many are facing. You know its pretty difficult. And our community is not the easiest to mobilize. Perhaps a Twitter movement, directed at London Visa Office, not just for Pakistani applications (cuz then the number will small), but other nationalities too which are affected by LVO - can be snowballed into a campaign that may get some traction.

ug1721

Mar 7, 2022
Category........
FAM
No, for spousal sponsorship they do not factor in your financial standing or job. Your job does not affect eligibility or any other aspect of application like processing time, it is irrelevant. You should get started on the sponsorship application now and submit it ASAP--Completing the application itself involves many steps as there are many sections to complete and you have to compile various things like evidence for your relationship etc. Completing the app is a long process involving great care, because mistakes can also slow down processing of your application. Do not delay, because processing of spousal sponsorship applications for Pakistani applicants have already slowed down since last year and the process is now usually taking at least one year and for many has taken 2 years. Honestly I think you already waited way too long (7 months) to start sponsorship process. You should have submitted your application shortly after your marriage.
Thank you for your detailed reply. I have prepared my application and will file in a few days. I am just not sure what kind of details I can provide in reply to the question “Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?”

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Congrats. Can you please share your timeline?
Unfortunately pre-arrival is near the beginning of the process. It is triggered automatically when someone is found eligible under the selected immigration program. You still have the Biometric, Medical, Background (takes the longest usually), Decision, CPOR, PPR, Visa Issuance. Depending on the efficiency of the office processing the application (London is known to be slowwwww) it can take a fair amount of time (ie months).

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Thank you for your detailed reply. I have prepared my application and will file in a few days. I am just not sure what kind of details I can provide in reply to the question “Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?”
For that part, I attached a letter outlining our settlement plans for the first 90-180 days in Canada. I have seen others doing this, and it helps to paint a picture for the analyst and officer reviewing your application.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Protesting - these days makes difference if its done massively - and in different locations geographically. Then it shows that its a concern that not just few, but many are facing. You know its pretty difficult. And our community is not the easiest to mobilize. Perhaps a Twitter movement, directed at London Visa Office, not just for Pakistani applications (cuz then the number will small), but other nationalities too which are affected by LVO - can be snowballed into a campaign that may get some traction.
Point in fact. I spoke with the IRCC call centre a couple of weeks ago, and they also said that the London VO has been notoriously slow, and that they have sent many enquiry messages to that office.

AdUnit Name: [BelowMainContent]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]
AdUnit Name: [Footer]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]