+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
AdUnit Name: [Header]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250],[970,250]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumHeaderGeneric],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

AdUnit Name: [ForumThreadViewRightGutter]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[300,250],[300,600]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumThreadViewRightGutter],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration
AdUnit Name: [AboveMainContent]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[970,250],[300,250]]

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
Pilele, congrats on ur progress. God that has taken you this far will never leave you half way IJMN..

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
DyDx said:
@ Pilele I sent you a PM.

@ tinuadeadaebola, thanks for the great post. Prep is seriously underway.

@ All, God is still on our cases. More positive updates shall flood our forum In Jesus Name Amen
DyDx
AMEN AND AMEN.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
olusheg said:
Hello House,

Let me use this opportunity to say congrats to everyone that had one update or the other,most especially my main man DYDX ,God Almighty made it possible 'cos you're a blessing to most of us,and alele to accra. Also akerekoro,Ikemba Pilele,emmy-estand others.

Back to my landing experience, it was a wonderful and revealing one which started on the 17th of oct, infact it was like we 're moving a whole house to canada ,we had about 11 luggage and 3 extra one and we had to "settle" custom in other to have our way.

Our experience with qatar airways was second to non ' dey wan kill us with ijekuje' from lagos to doha and we got to doha around 12 midnite doha time ,we were taking straight to a 5 star hotel. The following morning as early as 5 am ,we were up again and we were moved back to the airport, then another started it was like we were going to heaven ,it took about almost 13 hour from doha to montreal (wonderful experience though).

At montreal airport we had a funny experience ,it was like the whole world landed that day but thank God for the my baby we were giving a fast track but unfortunately at the immigration section we were delayed for like an hour and we missed our flight to winnipeg,we had to sleep at the airport this was a crazy experience and it got to stage i had to tell my wife that "i dey freeze ooo" . Despite all the hitches we still had a wonderful experience .

Winnipeg is cool and cold ,it is -3 degree today , and still trying to understand the system

And we pray that our sojourn in canada will be a success....Amen
Congratulations on your safe landing. Quite some lessons to pick up from your post :p :p

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
babakura said:
To the Glory of GOD and the help of people on this forum ..
With all joy and sincerity I announce the arrival of the much anticipated Passport request ....

Application submitted to MPNP Nov 2011 - PPR Nov 2013

Halleluyah ! Halleluyah ! Halleluyah ! Halleluyah ! Halleluyah ! Halleluyah ! Halleluyah !

Congratulations on your PPR.

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
edos4all said:
Thank Good God for everything, i landed 4th of Nov. It was very smooth except my Flight KLM whos Transit time was like for ever. I give God all Thanks for bringing me here safely, i have to start new life here as the Immigration Welcome me to Canada in Calgary but my destination was Winnipeg.

God will bring more Result on who has not gotten any update this Week.

congratulations on your successful landing.

AdUnit Name: [ThreadView]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/forum_in_thread],

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
motown said:
Friends and country men/women, lend me your ears!!!! I have a great news to share. I just received a request for my medicals.It seems Accra is working. I just thought of sharing this news to encourage people who are still waiting to hear from Accra. Stay hopeful!!! Though it tarries, you'll surely hear good tidings in the coming few weeks.

That said I've to confess that I'm slightly confused about the instructions for the process and I was hoping experienced folks in this forum will share some light on my questions below:

i) A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures

QUESTION: What does this really mean? Do I just have to update the list which I sent in my original application? Or do I have to refill the forms with the old information submitted to them in my original application plus an update?

2) Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee

QUESTION: I thought I paid this fee while submitting my original application? Is there any additional I need to pay?

3) Provide Four recent photographs for your medicals

Question: Should the four photographs necessarily be canadian passport size photos? or they could be american passport size photo?

Thanks a lot!!!
Congratulations on your MR

dauaye

May 10, 2010
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2011
Doc's Request.
Marriage proof--Sept. 18th 2013 but arrived Accra 10th Oct. & Spouse Med Req. 11th oct. spouse Med Done on 16th Oct.
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
Jan 11 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
File Transfer...
11-01- 2012
Med's Request
10-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-10-2013, Spouse medical 16-10-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Oct. 24th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 29th 2013
LANDED..........
June 25th 2014
Great House
Congratulations to All those who are through with their process and those who landed safely. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Sure that will serve as our learning points.
I felt I should share the following to the house especially those who have completed their medicals and are waiting for PR.
Lesson 1
Please if you have completed your medicals of course the clinic will send result online and then issue you a form ( e-medical information Sheet ) for your proof of completion of medicals. There is no harm in sending a copy of this e-medical information sheet via Dhl to Accra (Dhl takes 2 working days to Accra). (I did that for myself and wife also). Those of you in Port Harcourt can do your medical at Prime Hospital. They do that on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Now once your medical proof gets to Accra, please keep your eyes in your mailbox. The Dhl of my wife e-medical information Sheet arrives Accra on Monday 21st Oct at about 9am. Thank God I kept my eyes on my Gmail's from that day till Thursday 24th of Oct. at 11:39am when our PR mail came.
However, something strange happened. I had checked the inbox of mail box at that time (11:39am) on 24th October before I went out and there was no mail in the inbox. When I returned back at about 1:30pm, I saw ACCRAIMMIGRATION on the promotion tab, Out of curiosity I clicked on it, behold it was the much awaited email and I read it, then closed my mailbox again, shocking that email was not still in my inbox, I checked the sub folders and also did a search, both failed. I then clicked the 'Promotion tab' behold the mail appeared again. Till now that email does not show in my inbox except I click on the promotion tab. I equally shared my experience with a friend who completed his medical before me to check his mail box very well, he checked and he said there was nothing, 5 days later he decided to do a though clean up of his mailbox, behold he then discovered the PR request mail had been in his mail box 15days ago..
The new Gmail has three locations (Primary, Social and Promotion) new mails are delivered into. The primary is the same as your inbox. Please using Gmail I suggest you do a check of this locations and not just your mail box if you are waiting for PR. My own PR email was in Promotion mails.
God will grant everyone success.
Lesson 2
Upfront medical: this is when your case search at the clinic using your UCI, Passport number or family name returned no result. At this junction the Doctor can still go ahead to perform upfront medical and creating a case base on your IMM 1017E form. He then generates a UMI number. This number is in your your e-medical information sheet and send them a query. He gives you a copy also and advise you to write informing them so that Reference to your medical will be to that UMI Number on the e-medical form and NOT your UCI number.
Don't get me wrong this is for upfront medical cases. (You got MR mail with form IMM 1017E and getting to the clinic, Case search using your UCI number and family name on form IMM 1017E failed)
Any changes or situation that arises during the process; try to explain. A cover note is very important so that CIC will understand your case. Cases are different. So try to be detailed.

God will guide everyone through. amen

Dauaye

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
Thank you all for the congratulatory msgs ...

Really grateful and hope everyone succeeds with their immigration process,,
Cheers
happy Sunday

All-Wise

Sep 2, 2012
dauaye said:
Great House
Congratulations to All those who are through with their process and those who landed safely. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Sure that will serve as our learning points.
I felt I should share the following to the house especially those who have completed their medicals and are waiting for PR.
Lesson 1
Please if you have completed your medicals of course the clinic will send result online and then issue you a form ( e-medical information Sheet ) for your proof of completion of medicals. There is no harm in sending a copy of this e-medical information sheet via Dhl to Accra (Dhl takes 2 working days to Accra). (I did that for myself and wife also). Those of you in Port Harcourt can do your medical at Prime Hospital. They do that on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Now once your medical proof gets to Accra, please keep your eyes in your mailbox. The Dhl of my wife e-medical information Sheet arrives Accra on Monday 21st Oct at about 9am. Thank God I kept my eyes on my Gmail's from that day till Thursday 24th of Oct. at 11:39am when our PR mail came.
However, something strange happened. I had checked the inbox of mail box at that time (11:39am) on 24th October before I went out and there was no mail in the inbox. When I returned back at about 1:30pm, I saw ACCRAIMMIGRATION on the promotion tab, Out of curiosity I clicked on it, behold it was the much awaited email and I read it, then closed my mailbox again, shocking that email was not still in my inbox, I checked the sub folders and also did a search, both failed. I then clicked the 'Promotion tab' behold the mail appeared again. Till now that email does not show in my inbox except I click on the promotion tab. I equally shared my experience with a friend who completed his medical before me to check his mail box very well, he checked and he said there was nothing, 5 days later he decided to do a though clean up of his mailbox, behold he then discovered the PR request mail had been in his mail box 15days ago..
The new Gmail has three locations (Primary, Social and Promotion) new mails are delivered into. The primary is the same as your inbox. Please using Gmail I suggest you do a check of this locations and not just your mail box if you are waiting for PR. My own PR email was in Promotion mails.
Lesson 2
Upfront medical: this is when your case search at the clinic using your UCI, Passport number or family name returned no result. At this junction the Doctor can still go ahead to perform upfront medical and creating a case base on your IMM 1017E form. He then generates a UMI number. This number is in your your e-medical information sheet and send them a query. He gives you a copy also and advise you to write informing them so that Reference to your medical will be to that UMI Number on the e-medical form and NOT your UCI number.
Don't get me wrong this is for upfront medical cases. (You got MR mail with form IMM 1017E and getting to the clinic, Case search using your UCI number and family name on form IMM 1017E failed)
Any changes or situation that arises during the process; try to explain. A cover note is very important so that CIC will understand your case. Cases are different. So try to be detailed.

Dauaye

This is a serious matter Dauaye and its a very good experience you have shared here especially for applicants with gmail address. However, how did your friend manage Accra given that it was 15days before he realize his PPR mail had been sent. I do know Accra specifically state that if they did not hear from applicant after the 15days the visa application will be refused on account that the applicant is perhaps not interested in immigrating again. How did your friend sort this out. Will Accra accept what happened on the email as enough excuse to still issue the visa to your friend? How can Accra be managed when the deadline pass like this due to similar error in case of others who may have fallen into this trap or belong to this category. Please lets share thoughts on this. Regards,

All-Wise

Sep 2, 2012
This is a serious matter Dauaye and its a very good experience you have shared here especially for applicants with gmail address. However, how did your friend manage Accra given that it was 15days before he realize his PPR mail had been sent. I do know Accra specifically state that if they did not hear from applicant after the 15days the visa application will be refused on account that the applicant is perhaps not interested in immigrating again. How did your friend sort this out. Will Accra accept what happened on the email as enough excuse to still issue the visa to your friend? How can Accra be managed when the deadline pass like this due to similar error in case of others who may have fallen into this trap or belong to this category. Please lets share thoughts on this.
Regards,

Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
dauaye said:
Great House
Lesson 1
Lesson 2

Dauaye

Thanks for the tips. Quite useful

Busy B

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st July, 2011
Doc's Request.
29th Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
24th Oct, 2011
IELTS Request
Included in the sent application
Med's Request
18th July, 2013
Med's Done....
02nd August, 2013
Interview........
Nothing like that
Passport Req..
08th October, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15th October, 2013
LANDED..........
12th December, 2013 to the Glory of GOD
Congratulations Babakura, the siege is finally over, Glory be to God for His Faithfullness.

Busy-Bee

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
dauaye said:
Great House
Lesson 1
Lesson 2

Dauaye
This is a very nice and educating piece, Dauaye! Thanks for the comprehensive info most especially about the gmail features.
+1 for you.
Many thanks.

Dada-Karma

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
@ Babakura. Hearty congratulations!!!! May this land favour you and yours

@ DYDX my brother, trust prep is in top gear? all the best in the days ahead

@ Emperor Egbon, when is it happening? God's favour all the way.

Preparation is in top gear. Will keep you and the forum posted. Regards to the family. :) :) :)

@ all let's keep on keeping on its only a matter of time.

@ Ma Ig, am just wondering where is Lolo???? It's been a while I have not read her post trust all is well with her?

@ all just a small advise please let's all endeavour to get our kids to know God and have a relationship with him, cause this place can make people including adult forget God if you don't make a conscious effort to remember him. A lot of my colleagues at work would tell you they use to go to church, mosque and temple when they were young but not now anymore it's scary but the way out is to consciously put God first in the home.

I tell you the things your kids would hear from their peers from school is amazing and if you don't counter it with the right word from home then don't be surprised if they start behaving like the average western child in Canada. the Arabs have tried in a large measure to preserve some of their culture and beliefs in their kids and we must do our best to preserve our culture of respect and godliness too.

Opinion differs but this is my opinion peharps I am old school but I would rather be than be a new schools with kids who go half naked on the street in the name of summer fashions!!!! Most important thing is be their friend, let them confide in you, don't rush to judge them but always tell them the truth as opposed to what their friends tell them. Flogging is not allowed but there are many disciplinary measures more effective, deny them privileges, put out the TV etc and if you are like my husband then occasional floggings can still take place lol but you have to know your kids well before doing that not the one that would call police for you lol

Bottom line, develop a strong bond with the kids, be firm and loving, bring them to know God, create time for religious activities, refuse a job that would not give you time for your kids and always remember we made this sacrifice because of them so do your best to spend time with them money can never replace the time spent with them.

Cheers
Tinu
NB just my personal opinion you don't have to agree as individual value system differs!!!!

dcrest

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2012
Doc's Request.
28-02-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-03-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2014
Hi all,
Congratulations once more to everyone with one update or the other.

For the rest of us MI 3 waiting on for MR mails; it's gonna drop this week.

Dcrest.

AdUnit Name: [BelowMainContent]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]
AdUnit Name: [Footer]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]