+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
AdUnit Name: [Header]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250],[970,250]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumHeaderGeneric],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration

Getting a work visa as a telemarketer

AdUnit Name: [ForumThreadViewRightGutter]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[300,250],[300,600]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumThreadViewRightGutter],
forumSection: Immigration to Canada, subForumSection: Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration
AdUnit Name: [AboveMainContent]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[970,250],[300,250]]
Sep 6, 2019
I'd like a get a work visa as a telemarketer, but from my experience, if you're accepted to a telemarketing job, they want you to start working in a few days, which can be a problem, since getting a work visa is a procedure that takes time. But you can't get a work visa before you get a job offer.

Any solutions to this problem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'd like a get a work visa as a telemarketer, but from my experience, if you're accepted to a telemarketing job, they want you to start working in a few days, which can be a problem, since getting a work visa is a procedure that takes time. But you can't get a work visa before you get a job offer.

Well you need a LMIA from the employer proving no one in Canada (citizen, PR) can do the job, only you. Have IELTS and/or TEF since it is a telemarketer job. Once the employer has paid the $1k, filled out all the paperwork and received LMIA then you can apply for a closed work permit. Telemarketers can work remotely so you don’t need to be in the country.

Sep 6, 2019
Well you need a LMIA from the employer proving no one in Canada (citizen, PR) can do the job, only you. Have IELTS and/or TEF since it is a telemarketer job. Once the employer has paid the $1k, filled out all the paperwork and received LMIA then you can apply for a closed work permit. Telemarketers can work remotely so you don’t need to be in the country.
I may not need to be in the country, but there's this problem with time zone. I'll end up working until 1am.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I may not need to be in the country, but there's this problem with time zone. I'll end up working until 1am.
Many people work nights. Timezone is not relevant. Remote work does not require living in Canada. Most telemarketers work shift work and remotely. So do you have an approved LMIA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The solution is that your employer must be willing to wait.

If you want to work in Canada, then your employer must be willing to go through the process of hiring a foreign worker which takes a number of months. First the employer must obtain an approved LMIA. This generally takes several months. Then you would apply for a work permit which takes additional months. There is no way to start the job immediately in Canada. You need to go through the work permit process.

AdUnit Name: [ThreadView]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/forum_in_thread],

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You’ve been told the process to get a WP. Realistically it will be incredibly difficult to get a WP to work as a telemarketer in Canada.

AdUnit Name: [BelowMainContent]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]
AdUnit Name: [Footer]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]