+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
AdUnit Name: [Header]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250],[970,250]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumHeaderGeneric],
forumSection: Temporary Entry to Canada, subForumSection: International Students

Education loan for Ontario college graduate certificate

AdUnit Name: [ForumThreadViewRightGutter]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[300,250],[300,600]]
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/ForumThreadViewRightGutter],
forumSection: Temporary Entry to Canada, subForumSection: International Students
AdUnit Name: [AboveMainContent]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[970,250],[300,250]]

Suraj johney

Oct 28, 2017
Hai guys,

I got admission in Conestoga college for Applied manufacturing management for Jan 2017 intake. The credential is Ontario college graduate certificate (Post graduate).This is exactly how its written in the offer letter.

I applied for loan in Canara bank, in Kerala ,India.Everything was fine ,and the file was send to retail assets hub ,but AGM of that office says that this is just a certificate program, and as per IBA guidelines, they won't give a loan.
But many of my friends got loan to Ontario college graduate certificate programs,the difference being that in their offer letters its only mentioned as just POST GRADUATE or POST GRADUATE PROGRAM ,but in my offer letter it's written as Ontario college graduate certificate (Post Graduate), the only difference is that my college added a little more details.

Now what should I do,how can I prove that this is not just a certificate program but in the level of a post graduate diploma program.To whom should I complain against this injustice.

Sonali221

Mar 21, 2018
Hai guys,

I got admission in Conestoga college for Applied manufacturing management for Jan 2017 intake. The credential is Ontario college graduate certificate (Post graduate).This is exactly how its written in the offer letter.

I applied for loan in Canara bank, in Kerala ,India.Everything was fine ,and the file was send to retail assets hub ,but AGM of that office says that this is just a certificate program, and as per IBA guidelines, they won't give a loan.
But many of my friends got loan to Ontario college graduate certificate programs,the difference being that in their offer letters its only mentioned as just POST GRADUATE or POST GRADUATE PROGRAM ,but in my offer letter it's written as Ontario college graduate certificate (Post Graduate), the only difference is that my college added a little more details.

Now what should I do,how can I prove that this is not just a certificate program but in the level of a post graduate diploma program.To whom should I complain against this injustice.
Same happened with me.
What did u do?. Can u please explain me.

Suraj johney

Oct 28, 2017
Luckily my friend was studying there at the same college and he went there twice but no use.But at the last time they gave an email id of international team leader or some post, I don't exactly remember his post.By saying he might understand my situation in a better way.

He was also an Indian, he understood my situation, and replied favourably by saying that this program is in the same level of a post graduate diploma,and he send the mail directly to the bank and also to myself from his official email id.

That was enough proof for the bank. Furthermore we put some political pressure.

All in all , when it was clear the loan was sanctioned.

For your case, pray , and find the root cause , be it the wording in offer letter or an attitude of a particular bank official.Then think of ways to positively overcome it , be it by documents or pressure, or even cases of other loans sanctioned previously. Anyway best of luck,and never lose hope,or try another bank,public or even private.Also keep me updated.

Good luck and may god be with you.

Sonali221

Mar 21, 2018
Luckily my friend was studying there at the same college and he went there twice but no use.But at the last time they gave an email id of international team leader or some post, I don't exactly remember his post.By saying he might understand my situation in a better way.

He was also an Indian, he understood my situation, and replied favourably by saying that this program is in the same level of a post graduate diploma,and he send the mail directly to the bank and also to myself from his official email id.

That was enough proof for the bank. Furthermore we put some political pressure.

All in all , when it was clear the loan was sanctioned.

For your case, pray , and find the root cause , be it the wording in offer letter or an attitude of a particular bank official.Then think of ways to positively overcome it , be it by documents or pressure, or even cases of other loans sanctioned previously. Anyway best of luck,and never lose hope,or try another bank,public or even private.Also keep me updated.

Good luck and may god be with you.
Hey i am also been stucked in this same situation. May u please tell me to whom we have to write an email so that they can mail to the bank explaining that the ontario graduate certificate is also a pg diploma..

Thomas031795

Dec 12, 2021
Brother, I also facing same problem. Offer letter from george brown is written same as in your offer letter and they are not willing to help. Can you please forward me that mail which you got from that man, also mail id. Brother please help me. [email protected]

AdUnit Name: [ThreadView]
Enabled: [Yes],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[250,250],[300,300],[970,250],[600,300],[600,480v],'fluid']
CampaignId: [/22646143967/candadavisa/forum_in_thread],

Faseela

Jun 7, 2023
Hi, I'm currently facing this issue. Bank is asking for confirmation. Is there any way to overcome this.

AdUnit Name: [BelowMainContent]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]
AdUnit Name: [Footer]
Enabled: [No],   Viewed On: [Desktop],   Dimensions: [[728,90],[300,250]]